Tuesday, September 9, 2008

British Car Rally at PIR -- 8/30/08

There was a HUUUUUUUGE British Car Rally at PIR the same weekend as the vintage racing. I'm not exaggerating when I say that there must've been at least 1000 cars. I didn't take the time to walk all the way through them. I only got through about 6 rows or so. This is just a sampling.

When Trout and I were walking around, we ran into Ron and Mary. Ron and Trout are often mistaken for each other. I really don't understand why.
Here is Trout with some kind of a Jaguar.
And here are a few more Jaguars. This is probably about 1/10 of them.

There were lots of MGs of various ages.
These are some of Trout's faves -- Sunbeams.
The Morgans were on the other side of this row.
I liked this one.
The Minis were cute.


As was this Morris Woodie.
But of the vehicles I saw, I liked the Land Rovers best. There's just something about being able to sleep on top of the car to keep the lions away that appeals to me.

This one was my favorite.
Such a nice patina.
I was sorry I didn't get farther along in seeing these cars on Saturday. I intended to go back, but when the weather turned on Sunday, many of the British cars packed up and went home.